We would like to honor the history of mehndi and henna style body artwork, so at Henna Caravan we've chosen the name 'HennaGlam' for our body art products that can be applied in a henna style in a variety of colors. These products don't stain the skin but can last several days and are made of FDA compliant body art products.
What is HennaGlam?
- HennaGlam is our solution to the "white henna" craze. It's available in white, and other colors!
- Water Resistant
- Long lasting, 1-7 days. Shorter on fingers, longer on the body
- Non Staining
- There is no such thing as "White Henna", the henna plant only creates a reddish colored dye/stain.
- HennaGlam is applied in patterns to the skin and allowed to dry. It is a topical product and adheres to the skin rather than stain. It may be removed easily.
- Hair-free areas are best. Ouch, it will hurt when you remove it from hairy locations
- Fingers will wear away first as they are wiggle all day long, legs, thighs, shoulders, arms last the longest
What is HennaGlam made of?
- HennaGlam is created from ingredients approved by the FDA for skin and body art use
- Water and acrylic based ingredients, adhesives and pigments, all FDA compliant for skin
- Latex Free
What is White Henna?
- WHITE HENNA does NOT exist
- But you've seen photos for the last year all over pinterest and instagram?! YES, you have. Those photos are usually of LOTION applied in a cone. Or, of face/body paint applied in a cone. They make for super pretty photos but it washes right off.
- Looking for a WHITE or COLORED STAIN? NOPE, not possible to create stains on skin safely with any other product than henna. Really, truly. The colored, imported fake henna and emergency cones made in India/Pakistan, etc are filled with toxic industrial and food dyes that are not approved for use on skin and are in super high and unsafe concentrations.
- What can be used??? FDA compiant body paint productsthat are approved for skin. They don't stain, but they are safe. That's a good trade off, right?! Henna Caravan's HennaGlam is a body art product made of only skin safe FDA approved ingredients. And we will have a rainbow of color choices, not just white!
Why do people call it White Henna, if White Henna doesn't exist?
- It was just an unfortunate misunderstanding
- People saw white lotion used for henna practice on social media and just called it 'white henna'
- Then people made assumptions that it could stain and that it should last 1-2 weeks, like natural henna.
- There are safe body art products that can be used to replicate the look of henna and that's what we are using, but it's not henna, it's not a stain or dye. It sits on top of the skin and does not soak in.
- We would like to honor the history of mehndi and henna style body artwork, so at Henna Caravan we've chosen the name 'HennaGlam' for our body art products that can be applied in a henna style.