Things to Know About Natural Henna Powder
THINGS TO KNOW
- Henna is Perishable! Store henna powder in a cool dry location. Store left-over henna paste in the freezer for 6-12 months. Defrost frozen paste at room temperature for thirty minutes before use. Defrost only the amount of henna you can use that day. Paste repeatedly frozen and defrosted will lose potency over time.
- Begin mixing your henna powder 24 hours prior to use
- Be sure to clean the skin before applying henna
- Once your design is complete, you can poof a bit of cosmetic glitter powder on top to add some shimmery color for the day.
- Once dry, it’s time to seal your henna design. As the henna dries, it can begin to crack and pop off; we want to prevent that from happening. Use your choice of Aftercare Sealant Spray or Medical Tape to secure your henna. Do not use both.
- To remove paste, gently flake off over a trash can or tub. Avoid washing with water. If sticky and stubborn, use coconut or vegetable oil to remove any residue.
- Enjoy your custom one of a kind henna design! It will be a bright orange at first and slowly darken over 48 hours. It will slowly fade away as your skin exfoliates.
- Henna stains last 7-10 days, longest on hands and feet where skin is thick and dry, shortest on the torso, back, face where the skin is thin and oily.
- Henna stains last 7-10 days, longest on hands and feet.
- To keep henna stains looking their best avoid water for the first 24 hours, apply a coat of Aftercare Balm or coconut oil generously to protect when bathing/swimming.