To use your Henna Caravan Natural Henna Cone:
- Carefully cut a tiny bit off the tip of the cone, straight across. (If you have an open tip cone, remove the pin and you're ready to go)
- Grasp the cone near the back/tail end.
- Gently apply pressure with your thumb, palm, and fingers. Everyone holds their cone in a unique way, so take time to find a comfortable position for your own hand. Some prefer to hold it more like a pastry bag or more like a pencil.
- Place the cone tip not quite touching the skin to lay down nice even lines without a "scratchy" texture.
- Vary your squeeze/pressure to control line width and flow.
- Once your design is complete, you can poof a bit of cosmetic glitter powder on top to add some shimmery color for the day.
- Allow design to dry for 15-30 minutes or until dry to the touch.
- Once dry it’s time to seal your henna design. As the henna dries, it can begin to crack and pop off; we want to prevent that from happening. Use your choice of Aftercare Sealant Spray or Medical Tape to secure your henna. Do not use both.
- To remove paste, gently flake off over a trash can or tub. Avoid washing with water. If sticky and stubborn, use coconut or vegetable oil to remove any residue.
- Enjoy your custom one of a kind henna design! It will be a bright orange at first and slowly darken over 48 hours. It will slowly fade away as your skin exfoliates.
- Henna stains last 7-10 days, longest on hands and feet.
- To keep henna stains looking their best avoid water for the first 24 hours, apply a coat of Aftercare Balm or coconut oil generously to protect when bathing/swimming.
Natural henna paste is perishable!
When your fresh henna paste arrives in your mailbox, toss it in the freezer!
Let it defrost at room temperature for about 30 minutes before use.
Store leftover paste in the freezer for optimal freshness, up to 6-12 months.
Every time you defrost and refreeze it'll lose some potency and stain power.
- Henna is Perishable!
- Store henna paste in the freezer when it arrives
- Store henna powder in a cool DRY location when it arrives
- Natural henna will start off orange and deepen color over 48 hours
- Be sure to clean the skin before applying henna
- Let the henna paste soak on the skin for 4-8 hours
- Seal with medical tape or Aftercare Citrus Sealant for best results
- To remove paste, gently flake off, if sticky use coconut or vegetable oil, not water to remove residue
- Enjoy your custom one of a kind henna design! It will slowly fade away as your skin exfoliates
- Henna stains last 7-10 days, longest on hands and feet where skin is thickest. Shortest on face, torso, back where the skin is thinner and more oily.
Henna Caravan features only 100% natural ingredients. All our products are generally safe to use on children and during pregnancy, however a doctor should always be consulted if you have concerns. We NEVER use any black or colored chemical dyes or additives, PPD (para-phenylenediamine), nut products, or preservatives. Avoid henna if you have G6PD deficiency or have been advised to avoid Fava beans, are extremely anemic, or have citrus allergies.
Henna is Perishable! Store cones for later use in the freezer, and defrost at room temperature for 15 minutes prior to use.