The Indian Summer Henna kit is a unique kit curated by Neeta Sharma, Mehndi Designer. Her "Indian Summer" essential oil blend lends this kit a wonderfully rich and floral scent. It has all the basics you need to take the first step on your Henna Journey and create beautiful, natural henna designs for yourself, friends and family. Created by professional henna artists, this kit features the highest quality, triple sifted, fresh body art henna and pure aromatherapy quality essential oils.
- Indian Summer, volume 1. A henna design e-book by Neeta Sharma
- 20 grams of fresh henna powder with sucrose (sugar) added.
- 1.5 Drams pure essential oil "Indian Summer" signature blend
- 5 hand-rolled applicator cones
- Citrus Henna Sealant, Monsoon Bloom Scent. 1 Ounce
- 1 Aftercare Balm, Monsoon Bloom Scent
- 1 Glitter Powder Poof Bottle 10 grams, Monsoon Bloom Pink
- Alcohol Swabs
- Complete step-by-step instructions
All packaged in a clear, heavy duty, re-useable ziplock pouch
Henna Caravan Body Art Kits feature only 100% natural henna, sugar, lemon juice, and essential oils. All our products are generally safe to use on children and during pregnancy, however a doctor should always be consulted if you have concerns. We NEVER use any black or colored chemical dyes or additives, PPD (para-phenylenediamine), nut products, or preservatives.
Things to know:
- Henna is Perishable! Store henna powder and paste in the freezer until you’re ready to use. Store left-over henna paste in the freezer for 6-12 months. Defrost frozen paste at room temperature for thirty minutes before use. Defrost only the amount of henna you can use that day. Paste repeatedly frozen and defrosted will lose potency over time.
- Begin mixing your henna powder 24 hours prior to use
- Be sure to clean the skin before applying henna
- Let the henna paste soak on the skin for 4-8 hours
- Seal with medical tape or Aftercare Citrus Sealant for best results
- To remove paste, gently flake off, if sticky use coconut or vegetable oil, not water to remove residue
- Enjoy your custom one of a kind henna design! It will slowly fade away as your skin exfoliates
- Henna stains last 7-10 days, longest on hands and feet
Warnings: This product is intended for use in experimental body art. Henna body art should be avoided on those under six years of age, those with extreme anemia, G6PD deficiency, naphthoquinone sensitivity, have been advised to avoid fava beans, or have citrus allergies. If you have any concerns consult your physician. This kit contains small objects that may pose a choking hazard.
If pregnant use only lavender essential oils in the henna paste and consult your physician first. Do not ingest. All products can, on rare occasions, cause allergic reaction. The product should not be applied in or near the eyes, nose, genitalia, on open wounds or cuts, or to sensitive or broken skin. If you are unsure about sensitivity, a patch test is advised. Apply the product to the inside of the elbow. If a reaction occurs within 60 minutes, do not use. Not for internal use.
Avoid “BLACK HENNA” or “Emergency Henna Cone” products that may use chemical additives or hair dyes that contain PPD (para-phenylenediamine) to obtain a black stain. PPD can cause long-term damage to internal organs such as kidneys and liver, can blister and permanently scar the skin. Chemical dyes stain the skin within 30 minutes and are dark immediately. Black henna products are not safe or natural and should never be applied to the skin.
‘Mix Your Own’ kit with henna powder and pure essential oils needs to be prepared 24 hours in advance. You'll need lemon juice to mix up your henna paste.
In a bowl combine:
- 1/4 cup henna powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons essential oil blend
Mix very well until the texture becomes smooth.
Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm location 75-80 degrees F for 24 hours
Once your henna is ready, give it a stir and check consistency. It should be the consistency of yogurt, if it’s too thick add a few drops of lemon juice.
Fill your applicator and go create gorgeous, unique henna designs on your friends and family!
‘Ready to Go!’ fresh hand-crafted henna paste is ready to use the minute it arrives. Simply cut the top off the paste bag and fill your applicator bottle or cone.
If you aren't ready to start designing, toss your henna paste in the freezer! Let it defrost at room temperature for about 30 minutes before use.
Henna Paste will store perfectly in the freezer for 6-12 months, but every time you defrost and refreeze it'll lose some potency and stain power.