Jamila Body Art Quality works wonderfully for coloring hair. It has a higher dye content and finer sift than standard 'hair quality' henna.
You can achieve beautiful shades of red through dark brown and black by adjusting your henna with other herbs such as Indigo, Amla, Cassia or Chamomile.
Henna will keep your hair soft and shiny! Henna safely covers gray hair, deepening and brightening brown hair and adding a beautiful red color and shine. You can safely use natural henna over chemically colored hair!
WHY USE HENNA?
Because it’s natural! Gentle and safe for your hair, no chemical additives, no toxic dyes, just pure natural goodness. Many people are developing allergies to commercial chemical dyes and other chemicals in our environment. Henna is a wonderful solution to naturally and safely color your hair.
WHAT’S NOT IN IT? No crummy toxic additives!
• NO PPD (Paraphenylene-diamine is a common chemical additive in chemical hair dyes that frequently causes allergic reactions)
• NO Preservatives
• NO Metallic Salts
• NO Ammonia
• NO Chemicals
WHAT IS IN IT? All natural vegetable dyes direct from nature!
• 100% Pure PREMIUM Henna, Indigo, Amla and Cassia herbal powders for hair color are ground from leaves and fruits.
• Permanent hair color
• All natural plants and fruit from mother nature
• Use on top of your old chemical hair color
• Use on top of your old highlights
• Naturally cover your grey hair
• Generally considered safe to use during pregnancy
Natural, pure henna is a wonderful and safe, chemical free natural hair dye. It’s been used to naturally dye hair for over 5,000 years!
You can achieve beautiful shades of red through dark brown and black by adjusting your henna with other herbs such as Indigo, Amla, Cassia or Chamomile. Henna will keep your hair soft and shiny! Henna safely covers gray hair, deepening and brightening brown hair and adding a beautiful red color and shine. You can safely use natural henna over chemically colored hair!
HOW TO USE
HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED?:
1 Packet for Short Hair (100 grams powder mixed into paste)
2 Packets for Collar/Shoulder Length Hair (200 grams powder mixed into paste)
3 Packets for Long Length Hair (300 grams powder mixed into paste)
4+ Packets for Waist Length Hair (400 grams powder mixed into Paste)
Curly hair may need an extra packet
1. GATHER SUPPLIES
• Natural Henna Powder Herbal Hair Dye and any other herbal dyes you’ll be using
• Mixing Liquid: Water or tea-water
• Big Mixing Bowl
• Measuring Cup
• Smock or an old towel
• Plastic shower Cap or Saran Wrap
2. MIX IT UP
Mix 1 Packet (100 grams) of natural henna powder with 1 Cup water (add 1 cup liquid for each packet of herbal dye you’ll be using)
Mix well, add more water till it's a yogurt like consistency
The henna paste mixture is ready to use
*henna paste mixes (without indigo) can be stored in the freezer and used later, just defrost at room temperature
3. Protect your skin, clothes and work area
Clip a smock or an old towel around your neck to prevent clothing and shoulders from becoming stained.
• Apply a coat of ointment, Desitin, coconut oil, etc. along temples and hairline to prevent skin from becoming stained.
• Henna is a dye and will stain whatever it touches, don’t forget to clean up any spills or splashes.
4. PREP YOUR HAIR
• Begin with freshly washed (skip the conditioner), towel-dried hair. Dry hair works fine too but i find the henna goes on a bit easier on damp hair.
• For the most even coverage of roots apply the henna paste in sections.
• Divide your hair into 4 or more sections depending on length and thickness.
• Clip each section to hold it out of your way.
5. APPLY HERBAL HENNA HAIR DYE
• Wear gloves to prevent your hands and nails from becoming stained
• Working with one section of hair at a time apply henna paste beginning at the roots
• Apply henna paste through small sections of hair making sure each section is thoroughly covered from root to ends. Roll that section into a bun to hold it out of the way.
• Move on to the next section of hair.
• When all your hair is evenly covered with henna paste, roll into a bun and clip in place.
6. WRAP IT UP
Wrap your head with saran wrap or a plastic shower cap to prevent the paste from drying out or staining furniture or bedding
7. CHILL OUT
Let the henna paste soak on your hair for 2-4 hours. Henna works best with a bit of warmth. For richer, deeper color use a blow dryer to keep your hair warm or take a seat and relax out in the sunshine.
8. WASH, WASH, WASH IT OUT
Pop in the shower and wash the henna out! Skip the shampoo today, but give it a good does of conditioner. Dry as usual.
The first 24 to 48 hours after coloring your hair safely and naturally with henna the color may be quite bright. Relax, don't worry. Over 1 to 2 days the color will tone down and look natural and healthy.
REPEAT AS DESIRED
Reapply or touch up roots as needed. Henna is a natural dye and can be used as frequently as you’d like. The color will deepen and be richer with multiple applications.
Just want to cover those greys? No problem!
Mix a small batch of henna, 2-4 Tablespoons following the above directions.
Apply henna herbal hair dye paste to just the new growth
Allow to soak in 1-4 hours
Wash out. Skip the shampoo, rinse out with your favorite conditioner.
TEST IT OUT:
We recommend you perform a strand test on your hair to be sure you like the color and result. Test the product on a small section of your hair or on hair harvested from your hairbrush. When using natural products please keep in mind that every product will react and color your hair uniquely. The result will be different and unique for each person depending on hair type and condition. There are many ingredients and recipes to try, have fun experimenting!
For external use only, do not apply to broken skin, open wounds or mucous membranes. Keep out of eyes, flush with cool water if it does get in your eyes.
Extra henna paste may be stored in the freezer for use next time. Mixes with indigo can not be saved for later.
Natural Hair Dye Herbal Powders are perishable and should be stored tightly sealed and protected from light and moisture. Henna Caravan stores our stock of herbal powders double wrapped in a climate-controlled environment so you can be confident you'll receive only the best quality product. Use within 1 year for optimal results.