2022 Summer Harvest, Certified Organic Henna Powder from Sojat, Rajasthan, India. In bio-degradable pouches - just arrived!!!!
Ooey-gooey sticky, flexible and rich stains. Try those bold, negative fills on a palm design, and you'll be blown away by the warmth and depth of this henna stain.
Double wrapped in foil packets, it will store perfectly for years so you can stock up on this luscious powder, and not wonder about what the next year's crop will be like.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Use 1 ounce essential oils per 100 gram packet for best results (we need oils high in monoterpene alcohol 'terps' ie. cajeput, tea tree, lavender, naiouli or our house 'terp' blends)
- Follow the simple Henna Caravan 'Kiss' recipe for best results with this beautiful powder
- Begin mixing 24 hours in advance
For a large batch that yields 15 ounces henna paste, you'll need:
- 100 grams of Maharani Henna Powder
- 1 cup Lemon juice (plus extra for thinning, if needed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ounce Essential Oil
Not ready to mix 100 grams at once? Try a smaller batch that yields 3 ounces. You can make 5 small 3 ounce batches out of a 100 gram henna packet! Small batch Henna Recipe click here
Complete Tutorial and Henna Recipe for a box/pouch of henna powder.
*Oversize item: If ordering additional items with your kilo of henna, there will be additional shipping required, usually around $10 unless it's small items that we can tuck in. The larger box needed for additional items is around $20-$25 and the shopping cart sucks at combining them so we have to do it by hand.
Recipe for Box of Henna Powder, 100 grams
- In a bowl, combine the box of henna (100 grams) with enough lemon juice to form a thick dough (it's usually a bit less than 1 cup lemon juice) and 1 ounce essential oils 'terps', 1/4 cups sugar.
- Stir Stir Stir. The henna texture will change as the powder absorbs the liquids. Keep stirring until your paste is well combined.
- Cover completely and let sit in a warm location, 75-80 degrees F, for 24 hours. Use a thermometer to monitor temperature and avoid direct sun.
- Once your henna as rested, test the consistency and add a few drops of lemon juice at a time until it's perfect. We like our henna to ribbon smoothly of a spoon like a thick cake batter. Others prefer a stiffer mix, that stands in peaks.
- To test for dye release/readiness put a big dot on the palm for 5 minutes - stain should be bright orange. If its wimpy color let the paste sit a few more hours, test again.
- Fill your applicator and create gorgeous, unique henna designs on your friends and family!
- Store leftover paste in the freezer for optimal freshness, up to 6-12 months. Every time you defrost and refreeze it'll lose some potency and stain power, so we recommend dividing into single serving sizes for storage.
- Henna is Perishable!
- Store henna paste in the freezer when it arrives
- Store henna powder in a cool DRY location when it arrives
- Natural henna will start off orange and deepen color over 48 hours
- Be sure to clean the skin before applying henna
- Let the henna paste soak on the skin for 4-8 hours
- Seal with medical tape or Aftercare Citrus Sealant for best results
- To remove paste, gently flake off, if sticky use coconut or vegetable oil, not water to remove residue
- Enjoy your custom one of a kind henna design! It will slowly fade away as your skin exfoliates
- Henna stains last 7-10 days, longest on hands and feet where skin is thickest. Shortest on face, torso, back where the skin is thinner and more oily.
Henna Caravan features only 100% natural ingredients. All our products are generally safe to use on children and during pregnancy, however a doctor should always be consulted if you have concerns. We NEVER use any black or colored chemical dyes or additives, PPD (para-phenylenediamine), nut products, or preservatives. Avoid henna if you have G6PD deficiency or have been advised to avoid Fava beans, are extremely anemic, or have citrus allergies.
Henna is Perishable! Store cones for later use in the freezer, and defrost at room temperature for 15 minutes prior to use.
This product is intended for use in experimental body art. Henna body art should be avoided on those under six years of age, those with extreme anemia, G6PD deficiency, naphthoquinone sensitivity, have been advised to avoid fava beans, or have citrus allergies. If you have any concerns consult your physician.
Natural fresh henna paste is generally considered safe and should be made with only ground and dried henna leaves, water, lemon or apple juice, sugar and essential oils. Henna paste is perishable and must be stored in the freezer when not in use.
If pregnant use only lavender essential oils in the henna paste and consult your physician first. Do not ingest. All products can, on rare occasions, cause allergic reaction. The product should not be applied in or near the eyes, nose, genitalia, on open wounds or cuts, or to sensitive or broken skin. If you are unsure about sensitivity, a patch test is advised. Apply the product to the inside of the elbow. If a reaction occurs within 60 minutes, do not use. Not for internal use.
Avoid “BLACK HENNA” or “Emergency Henna Cone” products or ANY HENNA PASTE MADE IN INDIA/PAKISTAN that may use chemical additives or hair dyes that contain PPD (paraphenylenediamine) to obtain a black stain. PPD can cause long-term damage to internal organs such as kidneys and liver, can blister and permanently scar the skin. Chemical dyes stain the skin within 30 minutes and are dark immediately. Black henna products are not safe or natural and should never be applied to the skin.