BRIGHTEN blonde and grey hair with natural botanical hair dye from Cassia
Natural, pure Cassia powder is a wonderful and safe, chemical free botanical hair dye. It’s an Ayurvedic herb and will leave your hair shiny, conditioned and healthy. The Cassia plant contains a natural golden dye that bonds to the protein in hair and will brighten your blonde or grey hair. It will not color or lighten darker shades but is a great natural conditioning treatment.
Achieve beautiful shades of blonde, strawberry blonde, and reds by adjusting your cassia with other botanical herbs such as Indigo, Amla, Cassia or Henna. Cassia will keep your hair soft and shiny!
Pure Cassia for brightening blonde and grey hair is great for:
• Blonde, grey, brunette or black hair
• Blonde, light brown and grey will achieve a brightening golden lift of color
• Brown, dark brown and black hair shades will benefit from the conditioning properties, but no color will be left
*The depth and vibrancy of the Cassia treatment will be determined by your natural hair color. Lighter shades will dye golden. Darker shades will not have color altered.
WHY USE CASSIA?
Because it’s natural! Gentle and safe for your hair, no chemical additives, no toxic dyes, just pure natural goodness. Many people are developing allergies to commercial chemical dyes and other chemicals in our environment. Cassia is a wonderful solution to naturally and safely color your hair.
WHAT’S NOT IN IT? No crummy toxic additives!
• NO PPD (Paraphenylene-diamine is a common chemical additive in chemical hair dyes that frequently causes allergic reactions)
• NO Preservatives
• NO Metallic Salts
• NO Ammonia
• NO Bleach
• NO Peroxide
• NO Chemicals
WHAT IS IN IT? All natural vegetable dyes direct from nature!
• 100% Pure PREMIUM Henna, Indigo, Amla and Cassia herbal powders for hair color are ground from leaves and fruits.
• Permanent hair color
• All natural plants and fruit from mother nature
• Use on top of your old chemical hair color
• Use on top of your old highlights
• Naturally cover your grey hair
• Generally considered safe to use during pregnancy
HOW TO USE:
HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED?
1 Packet for Short Hair (100 grams powder mixed into paste)
2 Packets for Shoulder Length Hair (200 grams powder mixed into paste)
3 Packets for Long Length Hair (300 grams powder mixed into paste)
4+ Packets for Waist Length or Extra Thick Hair (400 grams powder mixed into Paste)
Curly hair may need an extra packet
1. GATHER SUPPLIES
• Natural Cassia Powder Herbal Hair Dye and any other herbal dyes you’ll be using
• Mixing Liquid: Water, Chamomile Tea, Apple Juice, Orange or Lemon Juice
• Big Mixing Bowl
• Measuring Cup
• Smock or an old towel
• Plastic shower Cap or Saran Wrap
2. MIX IT UP
Mix 1 Packet (100 grams) of natural Cassia powder with 1 Cup room temp water or lemon juice *add 1 cup liquid for each packet of herbal dye you’ll be using
Mix well, add more liquid till it's a yogurt like consistency. Let it sit for a few hours, use within 24 hours or freeze for best results.
3. Protect your skin, clothes and work area
Clip a smock or an old towel around your neck to prevent clothing and shoulders from becoming stained.
• Apply a coat of ointment, Desitin, coconut oil, Vaseline, etc. along temples and hairline to prevent skin from becoming stained.
• Cassia is a dye and will stain whatever it touches, don’t forget to clean up any spills or splashes.
4. PREP YOUR HAIR
• Begin with freshly washed (skip the conditioner), towel-dried hair. Though dry hair works fine too.
• For the most even coverage of roots apply the Cassia paste in sections.
• Divide your hair into 4 or more sections depending on length and thickness.
• Clip each section to hold it out of your way.
5. APPLY HERBAL HENNA HAIR DYE
• Wear gloves to prevent your hands and nails from becoming stained
• Working with a small section of hair at a time apply Cassia paste beginning at the roots making sure each section is thoroughly covered from root to ends.
• Move on to the next section of hair.
• When all your hair is evenly covered with Cassia paste, pile it on the top of your head
• Clip the pile of hair to hold it in place.
6. WRAP IT UP
Wrap your head with saran wrap or a plastic shower cap to prevent the paste from drying out or staining furniture or bedding
7. CHILL OUT
Let the Cassia paste soak on your hair for 2-4 hours. Henna works best with a bit of warmth. For richer, deeper color use a blow dryer to keep your hair warm or take a seat and relax out in the sunshine.
8. WASH, WASH, WASH IT OUT
Pop in the shower and wash the Cassia out! Skip the shampoo today, but give it a good does of conditioner. Dry as usual.
9. REPEAT AS DESIRED
Reapply or touch up roots as needed. Henna is a natural dye and can be used as frequently as you’d like. The color will deepen and be richer with multiple applications.
Just want to cover those greys? No problem!
Mix a small batch of henna, 2-4 Tablespoons following the above directions.
Apply Cassia herbal hair dye paste to just the new growth
Wrap up with saran wrap or shower cap
Allow to soak on hair for 1-4 hours
Wash out. Skip the shampoo, rinse out with your favorite conditioner. Dry as usual
THAT EARTHY SMELL:
It’s all natural leaves and herbs and does have an earthy plant-like scent. There are no chemicals or perfumes added to cover up the plants natural smell. You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to your paste if you’d like. The scent will fade over time as you wash your hair.
TEST IT OUT:
We recommend you perform a strand test on your hair to be sure you like the color and result. Test the product on a small section of your hair or on hair harvested from your hairbrush. When using natural products please keep in mind that every product will react and color your hair uniquely. The result will be different and unique for each person depending on hair type and condition. There are many ingredients and recipes to try, have fun experimenting!
For external use only, do not apply to broken skin, open wounds or mucous membranes. Keep out of eyes, flush with cool water if it does get in your eyes.
Natural Hair Dye Herbal Powders are perishable and should be stored tightly sealed and protected from light and moisture. Henna Caravan stores our stock of herbal powders double wrapped in a climate-controlled environment so you can be confident you'll receive only the best quality product. Use within 1 year for optimal results.