RED botanical hair dye from henna
The henna plant contains a natural red dye that bonds to the protein in hair, skin and nails. It dyes hair a gorgeous, natural red shade that is permanent and gentle. You can adjust the shades by adding other natural herbs or use pure henna to get a stunning vibrant red that covers greys too!
Achieve beautiful shades of strawberry blonde, red through dark brown and black by adjusting your henna with other botanical herbs such as Indigo, Amla, Cassia or Chamomile. Henna will keep your hair soft and shiny! Henna safely covers gray hair, deepening and brightening brown hair and adding a beautiful red color and shine. You can safely use natural henna over chemically colored hair!
• Pure ground Henna leaves
• Shower Cap
• Pair of Gloves
• Ointment to protect skin/hairline
• Applicator bag for storage/mixing/root applications
Pure henna for Red color is great for:
• Blonde, grey, brunette or black hair
• Blonde, light brown and grey will achieve a bright natural red color
• Medium brown will be a deeper red tone
• Dark brown and black hair shades will achieve a subtle warm reddish tone over your natural color
*The depth and vibrancy of the henna red will be determined by your natural hair color. Lighter shades will dye richer and brighter.
WHY USE HENNA?
Because it’s natural! Gentle and safe for your hair, no chemical additives, no toxic dyes, just pure natural goodness. Many people are developing allergies to commercial chemical dyes and other chemicals in our environment. Henna is a wonderful solution to naturally and safely color your hair.
WHAT’S NOT IN IT? No crummy toxic additives!
• NO PPD (Paraphenylene-diamine is a common chemical additive in chemical hair dyes that frequently causes allergic reactions)
• NO Preservatives
• NO Metallic Salts
• NO Ammonia
• NO Chemicals
WHAT IS IN IT? All natural vegetable dyes direct from nature!
• 100% Pure PREMIUM Henna, Indigo, Amla and Cassia herbal powders for hair color are ground from leaves and fruits.
• Permanent hair color
• All natural plants and fruit from mother nature
• Use on top of your old chemical hair color
• Use on top of your old highlights
• Naturally cover your grey hair
• Generally considered safe to use during pregnancy
HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED?:
1 Packet for Short Hair (100 grams powder mixed into paste)
2 Packets for Shoulder Length Hair (200 grams powder mixed into paste)
3 Packets for Long Length Hair (300 grams powder mixed into paste)
4+ Packets for Waist Length or Extra Thick Hair (400 grams powder mixed into Paste)
Curly hair may need an extra packet
1. GATHER SUPPLIES
• Natural Henna Powder Herbal Hair Dye and any other herbal dyes you’ll be using
• Mixing Liquid: Water, Chamomile Tea, Apple Juice, Orange or Lemon Juice
• Big Mixing Bowl
• Measuring Cup
• Smock or an old towel
• Plastic shower Cap or Saran Wrap
2. MIX IT UP
you’ve got two options for mixing: hot and fast mix OR slow mix
Hot and Fast Mixing Option
Mix 1 Packet (100 grams) of natural henna powder with 1 Cup warm water (120 degrees F) *add 1 cup liquid for each packet of herbal dye you’ll be using
Mix well, add more liquid till it's a yogurt like consistency
* Hot mixes expire quickly, use it all up now, it can’t be saved for later
Slow Mixing Option
Mix 1 Packet (100 grams) of natural henna powder with 1 Cup liquid (add 1 cup liquid for each packet of herbal dye you’ll be using)
Mix well, add more liquid till it's a yogurt like consistency
Cover with plastic wrap and leave overnight or 12-24 hours at 70-75 degrees
The henna paste mixture is ready to use after 12 to 24 hours
*Slow mixes can be stored in the freezer and used later, just defrost at room temperature
3. Protect your skin, clothes and work area
Clip a smock or an old towel around your neck to prevent clothing and shoulders from becoming stained.
• Apply a coat of ointment, Desitin, coconut oil, Vaseline, etc. along temples and hairline to prevent skin from becoming stained.
• Henna is a dye and will stain whatever it touches, don’t forget to clean up any spills or splashes.
4. PREP YOUR HAIR
• Begin with freshly washed (skip the conditioner), towel-dried hair. Though dry hair works fine too.
• For the most even coverage of roots apply the henna paste in sections.
• Divide your hair into 4 or more sections depending on length and thickness.
• Clip each section to hold it out of your way.
5. APPLY HERBAL HENNA HAIR DYE
• Wear gloves to prevent your hands and nails from becoming stained
• Working with a small section of hair at a time apply henna paste beginning at the roots making sure each section is thoroughly covered from root to ends.
• Move on to the next section of hair.
• When all your hair is evenly covered with henna paste, pile it on the top of your head
• Clip the pile of hair to hold it in place.
6. WRAP IT UP
Wrap your head with saran wrap or a plastic shower cap to prevent the paste from drying out or staining furniture or bedding
7. CHILL OUT
Let the henna paste soak on your hair for 2-4 hours. Henna works best with a bit of warmth. For richer, deeper color use a blow dryer to keep your hair warm or take a seat and relax out in the sunshine.
8. WASH, WASH, WASH IT OUT
Pop in the shower and wash the henna out! Skip the shampoo today, but give it a good does of conditioner. Dry as usual.
The first 24 to 48 hours after coloring your hair safely and naturally with henna the color may be quite bright. Relax, don't worry. Over 1 to 2 days the color will tone down and look natural and healthy.
REPEAT AS DESIRED
Reapply or touch up roots as needed. Henna is a natural dye and can be used as frequently as you’d like. The color will deepen and be richer with multiple applications.
Just want to cover those greys? No problem!
Mix a small batch of henna, 2-4 Tablespoons following the above directions.
Apply henna herbal hair dye paste to just the new growth
Wrap up with saran wrap or shower cap
Allow to soak on hair for 1-4 hours
Wash out. Skip the shampoo, rinse out with your favorite conditioner. Dry as usual
THAT EARTHY SMELL:
It’s all natural leaves and herbs and does has an earthy plant-like scent. There are no chemicals or perfumes added to cover up the plants natural smell. You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to your paste if you’d like. The scent will fade over time as you wash your hair.
TEST IT OUT:
We recommend you perform a strand test on your hair to be sure you like the color and result. Test the product on a small section of your hair or on hair harvested from your hairbrush. When using natural products please keep in mind that every product will react and color your hair uniquely. The result will be different and unique for each person depending on hair type and condition. There are many ingredients and recipes to try, have fun experimenting!
For external use only, do not apply to broken skin, open wounds or mucous membranes. Keep out of eyes, flush with cool water if it does get in your eyes.
Extra henna paste may be stored in the freezer for use next time. Mixes with indigo can not be saved for later.
Natural Hair Dye Herbal Powders are perishable and should be stored tightly sealed and protected from light and moisture. Henna Caravan stores our stock of herbal powders double wrapped in a climate-controlled environment so you can be confident you'll receive only the best quality product. Use within 1 year for optimal results